Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Flower Power Napkin Ring


I am sponsoring three tables for a mothers day tea at a local senior community on Saturday.  I have been creating decorations for the tables using things from my stash.  I had left over silk flowers and decided to alter them to make flowers for the napkin rings.
Here's how I made them.
1.  My husband cut PVC pipe (medium thickness) into 1 1/2" pieces.
2.  I sanded the sides to make them smooth.
3.  I put a strip of red double sided tape down each side of the PVC pipe.
4.  I covered with decorative paper strip (1 1/2" x 6")
5.  I made the flowers using pieces from the silk flowers and 3 scalloped punched paper circles.

6.  I crinkled up the scallops circles and then unfolded them.
7.  I punched a hole in the center of all three scallops.
8.  I inserted a brad through the 3 paper scallops and the 4 silk layers.
9.  I crinkled up the paper to form the inside of the flower.
10.  I glued two leaves and the flower to the paper covered PVC piece.


They came together very quickly.  I will send pictures of the finished tables.
Thanks for stopping by.
Charlene

1 comment: