Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Scrap Challenge Project #7

KiKi's Folded Dog Card
Today my niece Kiara showed me how to make a folded dog out of a piece of printer paper. I thought it was so cute so I decided to create my own version... you guessed it using scraps.

How I made the card.
1. I folded a piece of 8 1/2" square paper corner to corner making a rectangle.
2. I marked in 4 1/2 " from each side of the folded edge.
3. I folded down the corner to the 4 1/2" mark to make the ears.
4. I cut the top layer only between the ear and the face (only to the fold)
5. I punched an oval from each ear. I put a piece of beige paper behind and taped the ear down.
6. I covered the inside (top layer only) of the face with lighter paper.
7. I punched out all the pieces to make the face and collar (see diagram below)
8. To hold the ears down I put a fancy clip with a ribbon
9. I finished it off with Huge goggly eyes....




This shows the opened ear. Each Oval area is a great place to write a message.




This is when the head and ears are flipped open. I think I will add a piece of cream paper to the inside to write my message.

This was a fun project and I can't wait to see what other paper animals Kiki teaches me to make....

No comments:

Post a Comment